Joel on Software
- Write a software spec before doing a multi week project. ** Spec should be funny ** start top down. ** The goal of the spec is to make people to read it. ** Its your job to get people to read it.
- Bugs should be fixed before adding new features.
- Do estimate planning in excel.
- If you are rotting in what you are doing - change something.
- Spend time on the UI for a demo. People look at the UI not the algorithm.
- Programmers who check in lot of bugs and then fix them are rewarded - so true.